Friday, December 18, 2009

CHILDREN'S ECO FRIENDLY HOLIDAYS


I don't know about you, but I remember when I was a child and Christmas Day was the most magical day of the year. Well, let's face it, it is the smiles on children's faces that really complete this wonderful time of year, whether its your own son or daughter, or a nephew or niece, or even a little sibling. Time to face something else; this day can easily become incredibly wasteful, not to mention all those plastic toys are damaging to little growing bodies. There is a Merry Eco-Friendly approach as always ^_^. And with these stuffed-animals I don't think you can really complain.

The Needlings have been a personal favourite of mine for a long time! I bought one of these adorable characters for my little sister last year for Christmas and she's completely in LOVE with it!! Each Needling Plush is individually hand-sewn and embroidered. To top it off Heather (the mastermind behind these cuties) has created individual names, personalities, and stories to go along with each one! I've spent hours just reading each story!


Sewn Natural makes the most adorable Organic Stuffed Animals I have ever seen! This Elephant and Monkey are personal favorites. They have a Fleecy Organic Cotton body and stuffed with natural wool! Available at their Etsy Store ^_^.



Pogo also has some adorable Eco-friendly Recycled/Bamboo-stuffed Bears that are of course handmade and can also be found on Etsy!!




I discovered this sweater felt baby Dino on Etsy by Natalie Mae as well and I couldn't refuse sharing this everyone! It is super cute and "has tiny Organic cotton yarn claws,shiny glass eyes, re purposed wool plaid tummy and is filled with soft and huggable bamboo batting." Not to mention is it One if a Kind!!



If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, they're all so super cute!!
    But you forgot Jolene's Woodland Critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. send me a link!! I can edit this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for including our organic stuffed animals - we're flattered! :)

    Thanks & happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to be featured on your blog, I can't stop smiling!
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping