Wednesday, May 5, 2010

♥ Wednesday Favorites: Sweets & Snacks! ♥

Keeping with recent posts, I thought that this Wednesday Favorites Post should appropriately be regarding some of my favorite snacks and sweets. I did say that you can be healthy and still have a sweet tooth, didn't I? ~_^ So, here is the proof and my sweet tooth loves me and keeps me happy and healthy... 

1. Endangered Species Chocolate: I am a woman and, stereotypical or not, I LOOOOOOOVE Chocolate! ^_^ So what is a vegan, health freak to do? Well, to start with, cocoa is actually healthy and rich in anti-oxidants. It is unhealthy in most candy bars because there really isn't much cocoa in them at all, just sugar, milk and other crap. So my solution? Vegan dark chocolate! ^_^ There are lots of options out there and once you make the switch you will love it and regular chocolate will taste like crap! I'm not kidding! My favorite is the Endangered Species brand. They are certified Organic, Vegan, Gluten-free, Kosher, and their cocoa is ethically traded! Plus 10% of their net profit goes to help support species, habitat, and humanity! :) 

2. Coconut Milk Ice Cream: There are lots of Ice Cream alternatives now available out there. I've tried anything from the Rice Dream brands, Soy brands, and the latest, Coconut brands! I looooove this yummy "Purely Decadent Coconut Milk" Ice cream alternative because, aside from being Vegan, they're also sweetened with Agave Nectar and beet sugar instead of cane sugar ^_^ Try the Mint Chip Flavor! Mmmmmm mmmmm yummy! It'll make you thankful you're not stealing milk from baby cows ~_^

3. Cosmic Power Cookies: These are seriously the most amazing cookies around! Annnnnnd, what?! They're healthy?? No way! ;) They're packed full of lots of goodness like flax, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, and raisins! Not to mention they're Vegan! Yum yum! For those not fortunate enough to have a Planet Organic in your city the recipe is available online and I HIGHLY recommend trying them for yourself! You'll never look at cookies the same again. ^_^ 

      


4.LÄRABARs: These yummy treats are made from unsweetened fruits, nuts, and spices and are 100% natural, made from whole foods--the way nature intended! Their JŎCALAT line is also made from Fair Trade Certified™ chocolate and is 100% Organic. They are Vegan & Gluten-free and make a great healthy snack!! Much better than a yucky vending machine candy bar, yuck! ~_^

5. Rice Cakes & Peanut Butter!! Ok, so I know, you may think I'm crazy but seriously, there is not much I love more than the combination of a crunchy rice cake and yummy Organic Peanut Butter! ^_^ An easy nutritious snack that makes being healthy rewarding! 

So, before you reach for that tempting candy bar in the vending machine, remind yourself exactly what it is you're looking at. Crap. Pure and simple. Bad for your body, bad for the planet, bad for your mood. The more you remain on a healthy diet, the more those crappy foods will not appeal to you. The last time I gave into a bad candy craving I did not enjoy it. It was actually gross and I realized I really wasn't giving up anything good at all. 
So, stop giving into those gross junky snacks and reach for something healthy! We all have a sweet tooth at some point or another, but there are so many healthy delicious alternatives out there that you won't feel guilty about eating. 

How about you? Any yummy healthy alternatives you'd care to share with the rest of us? ^_^ 

xo

~Bianca


If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I really need to see if the Endangered Species chocolate brand is available over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Coconut Milk ice cream!! The peanut butter zig zag flavor is also awesome!! And the peanut butter & jelly Larabar is also a favorite :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping