I think New Year's is a little cliche, however I also thoroughly enjoy it. Bit contradictory I know. But I don't mind. I think setting resolutions don't usually stick. What I do like to do instead is set personal "self" goals and intentions for the New Year as opposed to resolutions. I think resolutions are too attached to an exact outcome and I've written before about not having expectations (in a good way!), so these intensions leave some openness to what could actually come while still keeping positive goals in mind.
Before I get to that, I want to take a look at this past year. Why? Because, well, it's fun to reminisce, but also because I want to share some personal experiences as inspiration. My life was pretty "boring" I suppose you could say. I wasn't particularly happy, I was depressed for years, unmotivated, insecure, and had a ton of other personal issues. I've worked through them over the years, and while there have been a ton of breakthroughs I can't say that any year has been quite like this one. I began this New Year with Positive intentions after a disappointing New Year's Eve (and having my own expectations blow up in my face).
So I started 2011 armed with a Positive Attitude, and the rest seemed to fall into place and come more easily. I began to say Yes to life. I also learned about the Law of Attraction and the power of a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). These three things made this year incredibly fantastic. I have experienced more new and wonderful things than I swear I have in my whole life. Or at least, that's what it feels like because this year has been absolute bliss and joy. Almost every day was exciting and happy. I still had "bad" days, but they were mostly quick to pass along the road. The difference was I learned how to deal with the bad and see the positive so I could come out with something constructive and to allow myself to grow when the "bad" did rear its face.
If you haven't, read up on my previous posts; "Be a 'Yes' Person" "The Law of Attraction" and these two posts about having Positive Attitude: One & Two.
This is what I got up to in the year 2011…
- Been the Happiest I have ever been in my life.
- Dyed my hair Blue!
- …and finally stopped dying my hair. ;)
- Went to Edmonton for two weeks to visit friends and do photoshoots.
- Got a few new Tattoos.
- Traveled the Oregon Coast with my hubby.
- Vended for the first time, doing several Markets in Nelson.
- Went to my first Shambhala Festival (after manifesting my $300 ticket!).
- Discovered and used the Law of Attraction to manifest sooooo many things.
- Met the most amazing friend, who is genuine, like-minded, and wonderful.
- Met so many new and amazing friends and people.
- Floated down the river for the first time.
- Had a bunch of campfires out at Cottonwood lake with friends.
- Grew our first garden (mostly Cory teaching me ;)).
- Went to New York; met Nicole and Jackie, went to Farm Sanctuary and Woodstock Animal Farm Sanctuary.
- Camped in the middle of the forest with natural hot springs and wonderful company.
- Got a new kitty, Buster.
- Got out more! And now have a very active social life. :)
- Helped friends and family out through hard times.
- Been reaching and helping more and more people with their lives, through my work <3. You guys are amazing and wonderful! xo
- Had the best Birthday ever!
- Took part in my first protest.
- Started driving again.
- Had an awesome Halloween! … and punched a guy in the face.
- Went Snowboarding for the first time!
- Became more active in politics and the elections.
- Became more active in changing the world.
- Started my Jewelry line.
- Learned how to Silk Screen (which I've wanted to do forever!)
- Made ReLove Plan.et all that I want it to be, with growing success and love.
Generally, I discovered, and am continuing to discover, more and more about myself. And discovering more about myself as a woman; giving my body and mind the respect and love it deserves. I've also been learning about getting in touch with the moon cycles. I've grown more than I can say. And I experienced the best year of my life, all because I changed my attitude and committed to that PMA and personal growth.
So for 2012, these are my new intentions:
- To have a kick-ass year! Filled with a ton more smiles, laughter, excitement, friendship, love, and silliness.
- Experience more new things!
- Heal relationships and bonds that need healing and seek out only the positive in my family.
- Read more books!
- Start my New Silk-Screen line and it become a super success! ;)
- Make more of a living off ReLove Plan.et.
- Continue being Vegan and committed to the Earth.
- Go back to NY.
- Visit somewhere outside of North America.
- Keep growing, learning, and experiencing all that life has to offer.
- Design mine and Cory's dream home.
- Move into a new place where we can grow a garden actually in our own yard.
- Build our dream home.
- Receive money effortlessly.
- Smile every single day and appreciate all that is around me.
- Continue to affirm Perfect Health.
- Sing in a band. And get my voice back up to what I want it to be.
- Relearn to play guitar.
- Get a dog. And a piggy.
- Be open to whatever else is coming into my life.
Well, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Those are my intentions for the New Year, along with a general love for life and continuing Happiness and Positivity in my life. I will see Life as Beautiful every single day! And I hope you do too! Here's to a New Year! What are your Intentions for the New Year?! :)
If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.