Wednesday, March 23, 2011

☯ What's in my Closet: Preserve ToothBrush & Razor ☯


You are supposed to toss out your toothbrush every three months, and we all know how quickly you go through disposable razors. When you stop to actually pay attention, that's a lot of waste that accumulates very quickly, and it's usually plastic that won't decompose and can't be recycled. So what is an eco-being to do? 

In my closet? Preserve Toothbrush with the travel case that I recently picked up. Preserve Triple Razor with the Replacement Blades so that I can hold onto the handle forever ;). 

Why do I choose Preserve? What makes them so amazing? 

Preserve  is a wonderful company that makes all their products from recycled yogurt containers and other #5 plastic containers. The handles of both the razor and the toothbrushes are made from 100% recycled materials, are powered by yogurt cups, are recyclable after use, and are BPA free.
When most communities don’t accept these common #5 containers for recycling you can rest assured those plastics are going to good use instead of becoming unnecessary waste. Preserve does this through their "Gimme 5 program" offereing a simple way to save these plastics and give them a second life. So collect your #5 plastics, save them up, clean them out, and drop them at one of their retail locations, at the "Preserve Gimme 5" bins. And if you don’t live near one of their Gimme 5 retail locations, you can send them by mail to be recycled as well! 

Some more fun facts about Preserve's Recycling Environmental Efforts:
At least 54% less water than virgin polypropylene
At least 64% less greenhouse gases (in CO2 equivalents) than virgin polypropylene
At least 75% less oil than virgin polypropylene
At least 48% less coal than virgin polypropylene
At least 77% less natural gas than virgin polypropylene
At least 46% less electricity than virgin polypropylene


Preserve Nested Mixing Bowls, Set of 3I haven't yet tried their other products but am excited to get my hands on them! They also have Jr. Toothbrushes in the personal care line, and have a Tableware and Kitchen line, including plates, bowls, cups, mixing bowls, storage containers, colanders, measuring cups, and cutting boards--all 100% recycled, BPA and melamine free of course. 

You can find their products at health stores and other grocers, and if you can't then they are totally affordable online through their website. 

Peace & Love,
xo
~Bianca   


If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

6 comments:

  1. Oh awesome to know ! Also I have found drying your razor after every use makes it last a TON longer! I have been doing it for a few years now and can't believe the difference after drying my razor when I get out of the shower! It has to be after every use so can be hard to forget but once your into a routine it's easy!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. drying the blades on the razor that is. Forgot to mention that although you probably knew what I meant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie I'd never thought about that before!!! What a simple yet brilliant idea!! Thank you for sharing! I am totally gonna make myself get into the habit of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I just dry it on my towel after I dry off. :)
    have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you use for shaving cream?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping